The Winter market/social, a fundraising and social event, kicked off at 9am and was a huge success! Many of the Oppie Koppie parents came through to show support. Local DJ Harry delivered top class dance-floor “treffers” which added to the festive mood while prospective shoppers browsed the rows of clothing and food items that were on sale. The children were more than happy to play around in the perfect summer weather while the grown-ups mingled.
For those who were a little peckish there was deep-fried snoek and chips on sale accompanied by an assortment of cakes and sweets for the kids. The highlight of the day was the impromptu dance competition that was MC’ed by Mr. Ronald Balie – Principal of Ceres Secondary School and one of the directors on the Vuya Foundation Board. A circle was formed and some of the more senior citizens kicked off the competition only to be joined later by a few of the braver children.
A special thank you goes out to:
- Rachell Englebreght, Sunita Swartz, Jeff Sylvester & Mrs. Chibba for the donation of cupcakes and other sweet things
- Gary Jansen who donated the delicious snoek that was sold at the crèche – They flew like snoek-flavored hotcakes!
- Ceres Fruits for their donation of splendid fruit juices
- RJ Cleaning Services for their donation of 40 bottles of detergent which sold out within minutes
- DJ Harry for the great music
- Hamlet Rugby Club for the loan of their deep fryer
- St. Marks Primary School for lending tables and chairs for the event.
And last but not least, a massive thank you to the Parents who arrived to show support on the day and of course, the parent committee who arranged all the logistics of the day.
We know the next market will be a blast!