The high-profile guest list included a number of prominent captains of industry – Metropolitan Health CEO Blum Khan, Zico capital MD Tshego Sefolo, Henkel South Africa President David Berman and Drake & Scull Facility Managers CEO John Wentzel, just to name a few. Ciaren Fritz and Kaylin Bessick, both Vuya Foundation bursary recipients and champions were also in attendance and enjoyed the event with their loved ones.
One of the most exciting developments however was the announcement of the Vuya Foundation's patrons. For the Vuya Foundation, a patron is someone who has demonstrated the hallmark qualities of success and a strong moral compass in all spheres of life, allowing them to become leaders and visionaries. Thus the following individuals were chosen:
- Simone Hellmann - World renowned plastic and reconstructive surgeon based in Köln, Germany
- Michael Zipp – Former MD of Henkel South Africa
- David Berman – President, Henkel South Africa
- Gavin Rajah – World renowned Cape Town based fashion designer
- Tshego Sefolo – MD of Johannesburg-based investment company Zico
Each of these individuals have showed tremendous dedication to their professions and tremendous character in their personal lives for others.
The Vuya Foundation Gala Dinner was a great success and a fitting tribute to the successes to date.
The Gala dinner was a massive success and the Vuya Foundation would like to thank everybody who attended and made the evening so special. The photo gallery of the event speaks volumes.